A Guide To Screws and Fixings - What Wall Fixings Do I Need?
Ensuring that your fixings are safe for your Spaceslide sliding wardrobe doors and modular systems is essential. With our assemble at home products, the screws and fixings that are included are universal but you might need specific fixings suitable for the surface that you’re fixing to .
Here are our top recommendations on checking your fixings:
• Identify the type of wall or ceiling you’ll be fixing the product; you could need certain products to suit the surface you’ll be working on.
• Check for electrical wires or water pipes near your opening, as screwing near them can be unsafe.
• Monitor the integrity of your fixings to be sure nothing has come loose during your unit installation.
• Ensure the substrate you are using provides enough support for your fixings. You should contact a qualified tradesperson if you have any concerns.
• If your walls are made of breeze blocks, concrete, wood or stone, you can use any of the following types of wall plug: ‘General Purpose, Concrete or Block Work’ wall plug. Aerated blocks should not be used to support heavy loads and a specialist fitting will be required in this case. For lighter loads, general purpose wall plugs will suffice.
• If you have a plasterboard partition, a light load fixing can be put in place with a plasterboard plug or a ‘Cavity Fixing’ wall plug — which is also suitable for use on hollow wooden doors.
• If you are fixing directly into a wooden batten, you do not need a plug for your screws.
If you are uncertain on which is the most suitable fixing for your surface, seek advice from a qualified tradesperson.