In the unlikely event that there is any defect with the Installation Service provided then please contact us and tell us as soon as possible and we will endeavour to use every effort to repair or fix the defect as soon as reasonably practicable.
Installation defects (this only applies to systems installed by Spaceslide) are covered for 2 years, providing the wardrobe has been subjected to normal use during this period with the following exclusions:
- Issues caused by natural or excessive wear during normal use,
- Issues caused by improper handling, misuse, abuse or neglect on the part of the buyer or third party after sale,
- Use in contravention of the instructions, or where the product has been the subject of unauthorised modifications or alterations,
- Where the product has been the subject of commercial use,
- Scratched or broken glass,
- Post-installation adjustment due to floor settlement,
- Overloading of shelves and interiors beyond the permissible upper weight limits,
- Impact from foreign objects,
- Damage caused by exposure to moisture/humidity or extreme dryness,
- Changes in surface finishes due to over exposure to light,
- Accidental damage or staining from incorrect cleaning methods or products,
- Issues caused by improper adjustment and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions,
- Failure to carry out the recommended instructions for decorating, sealing, adjustment or any other Installer’s advice given that may impair product performance and will invalidate the guarantee,
- Failure to clean running gear and tracks in line with manufacturer’s instructions.
Warranty does not cover consequential or incidental damages.
Please be aware that any damage must be notified in writing at the time of installation.
Installation Warranty begins upon sign off by consumer after complete and satisfactory installation.
Procedure with dealing with Installation Warranty issues:
Compliance with the following is very helpful to ensure the quickest possible assistance in the case of an Installation Warranty claim.
To make a claim under your warranty you must contact our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 9803499 as soon as possible.
Detailed below is the information we will require to process your claim:
- Date product was installed,
- Type of product installed,
- Detailed documentation/description of the defect(s), including the actual/presumed cause,
- At least 3 photos of the damaged/defective item, taken from different perspectives, along with a video if possible if it is an issue with moving parts,
- A close-up of the defect from a distance of about 70cm using a reference object, such as a coin.
Following the filing of a claim, Spaceslide will investigate the claim and if we believe there is a defect or fault covered by the Installation Warranty, we will decide on the best course of action.
On receipt of the photo and/or video evidence we may request that you consult our comprehensive self-help guides on how to rectify the issue for items that are excluded from the Installation Warranty. Our Customer Support agents can guide you through this process.
If that doesn't resolve the issue then we may require a visit by an Installer with material to repair or replace the defective item. Installation dates will be agreed by both parties for all installation or remedial works. We will schedule an AM or PM slot for attendance and we will require two contact telephone numbers.
Please be aware that should we conduct a customer care visit to your property to inspect the issue and it is deemed that our product or installation services are not at fault then there may be a call out charge of £100 applied.
If you do not allow Home Decor GB Ltd Installer/representative to review the item which is subject to the warranty claim you will invalidate the warranty in respect of that claim.
Any repaired or replacement parts shall be guaranteed on the terms of this warranty for the unexpired portion of the warranty period only.
This warranty is non-transferrable and is personal to the original purchaser/home-owner as shown on the invoice.
Nothing in this Condition will affect your legal rights as a consumer if the Installation Services that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available at your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Any loss suffered by the purchaser as a result of not being able to use the product will not be covered.